12.5 Gbps Low Power Laser Driver and Limiting Amplifier with DC-DC Controller and EEPROM with Digital Diagnostics
The M02193 is a low power, highly integrated, programmable laser driver and limiting amplifier intended for optical module applications to 12.5 Gbps. An internal state machine and EEPROM perform all functions necessary for standalone operation. The internal state machine will acquire and scale industry standard monitoring parameters in real time and make them available to a MAC or external host controller.
Internal EEPROM allows the M02193 to be re-calibrated multiple times and operate with or without external control from a microcontroller or MAC.
DC coupling of Laser to the Laser Driver minimizes power consumption, part count and pattern dependency. A high voltage DC-DC controller is included for APD biasing. The output voltage is controlled by an internal DAC and a temperature based look-up table stored in EEPROM.
Using the M02193 will minimize power consumption, parts count, provide design flexibility and simplify manufacturing processes. The laser driver can be configured to control a laser with either open loop look-up tables or closed loop control using monitor photodiode feedback (including MACOM’s proprietary Dual Closed Loop mode).
- Part Number
- Short Description
- 12.5 Gbps Low Power Laser Driver and Limiting Amplifier with DC-DC Controller and EEPROM with Digital Diagnostics
- Max. Data-Rate(GBaud)
- Number of Channels
- Integrated CDR
- Package Category
- 1 Gbps to 12.5 Gbps Tx and Rx operation
- Low power operation, ~90mA typical (excluding laser and 25Ω output termination current)
- Laser driver bias to 100mA and modulation current up to 100 mA (Laser DC coupled)
- Optional 2.5V operation for VCCR and VCCT
- Optical Module Applications to 12.5 Gbps Rx and Tx